Friday, January 20, 2012

Expression.....

Cannot neglect writing anymore, the blogger tried very hard to find solace in many other things around him. I realise that this is the only method of expression that I ‘am comfortable with at this point of time. From the last blog post to this one I was not taking a break. It was not a matter of a writer’s block either. It was an experiment, rather a search for another apt mode of expression. A mode of expression for me is a place where I can put down the heavy bag of suffocating thoughts that I carry.

I tried a lot of stupid things during my search; I took to drinking and other sort of method to weaken the strong sense social conduct that I fear of breaching while I speak my mind. By Speaking out loud, I fear might be like puking at the wrongs of the society itself setting free all the butterflies that rumble in my stomach, but then those wrongs should be made right, I should be able to clean the undigested thoughts myself by finding solutions, if not I would reduce to the levels of the drunkard that shouts verbal abuses at people around him before falling asleep in the footpath. One can easily get a false sense of valour, to do anything and everything while being half asleep under the warmth of the fire that an intoxicant fills the nervous system but nothing lasts forever. The truth is the intoxicant only takes away the sanity; nobody heeds the words of the insane. Some of the people proclaimed as geniuses are also well-known worshippers of intoxication, but the fact is that their creativity worked only when they had a clear mind. I also realise that there is no high that can match the joy of artistic creation.

Only the basic instincts remain strong while one is drunk, one might fall asleep, or might have a strong urge to either eat or mate, but not the medium or the platform of expression that one seeks. It is terrible when one has ideas exploding within him but is not able to find a method to express it. I often experience a similar feeling due to the bronchitis that I suffer from, making me wake up from a deep slumber and grasp for some air, its painful, it is a time when I feel humble, I weep at my inability to take in some air, something that is all around. This is similar to the time when we are not able to express properly.

The whole purpose of life is to choose the right mode of expression. It can be anything that one is good at. But for the common good, we should avoid the path of evil (the lyrics of a song goes like this….”I may be bad, But I’m perfectly good at it”….what the f*#k…… what s so good about being bad.”). When one finds a method to express the creativity, one becomes an artist. An artist is nothing but a true human being, who cares for his fellow beings.

No comments: